April is National Poetry Month and I am celebrating by offering Poetic Glimmers.
Poetic Glimmers is 30 days of poetry and images,
all hand-lettered and drawn by me,
delivered to your inbox each morning.
What you will receive:
- Each morning in April, you will be emailed a piece of poetry with some illustration.
- There will be a link so that you can download and print the image to color, display, or share. Each piece will be the size of a half sheet of paper, 8.5" x 5.5". If you prefer to save paper, there will be a link for two pieces every even day of the month (the poem for that day and the day before.)
- There will also be a link to the complete poem and the book/anthology it appears in (if available.)
More about the poems:
- Poetic Glimmers includes a wide range of poets from the classical to the contemporary
- The subject matter of these poems is also varied and diverse - life, love, dreams, sorrow, nature, relationships, etc.
- Some of the poems are more familiar but my hope is that you will also discover some new favorites.
Poetic Glimmers is for:
- anyone who already loves poetry
- those who want to love and know more about poetry
- people who would like to be inspired daily (since the news can be so depressing, it is nice to get an enlightening message in your email feed each day.)
- coloring and colorbook enthusiasts - there are images to color on each piece
- language lovers: readers, writers, poets
- the participants of December Glimmers - if you enjoyed that, you will LOVE Poetic Glimmers
- thinkers, philosophers, wonderers - poetry contains much to be pondered
The Why of Poetic Glimmers:
- to give journalers (written and art) a prompt to respond to; also these pages put together and colored would make a complete journal
- as a way to share some of my favorite poems that I believe others will enjoy
- to celebrate this often overlooked genre of literature
- as a positive response to the negativity in the world at this current time
- to encourage others to take a deep breathe and think about the words as a way of caring for the self
The cost for this offering is just $10.00 which adds up to only 33 cents a day!
Please let me know if you have any questions. If you are purchasing this to gift someone else, please email me (Laurie@loneblackbird.com) and let me know the recipient's name and email.